Occupy Binghamton University
October 14, 2011
From Democracy Matters of Binghamton University:
Democracy Matters of Binghamton University and supporters of the occupy movement will be holding a gathering to allow college students of Binghamton University to get their voices heard by writing messages on 1,000 fake dollar bills.
Democracy Matters of Binghamton University and supporters of the occupy movement will be gathering on campus tomorrow to represent the student voice in the national occupy movement. Students will be writing messages on 1,000 matching fake dollar bills which will be hung all around the outside of the University Union. Each of these dollars will represent the fact that the government fails to listen to student voice because of the power of private money. Students will also be wearing masks saying, “We are the 99%” to emphasize the idea that wealth and political power are concentrated in the hands on 1% of the population while the other 99% go unheard.